Romulus Capital, one of the fastest-growing venture capital firms in the world, seeks an outgoing Principal highly conversant in artificial intelligence/machine learning algorithms to help find and diligence some of the next generation’s most exciting deep technology software companies. Romulus was founded out of MIT and today manages nearly $200M and growing. We have partnered with several enterprise software companies at the earliest stages (including several out of MIT) and have worked closely with entrepreneurs to build their foundations.
You would work directly with Romulus’ Founder/Managing Partner. Please be hungry and entrepreneurial, authentic and audacious. This is an opportunity with tremendous learning, access, and economic upside.
Responsibilities of the AI/ML Principal:
- Develop investment theses collaboratively with the Partners
- Reach out to hundreds of deep technology (including AI/ML) entrepreneurs across the country (mostly B2B, seed/Series A stage) and develop networks within the community in order to source prospective investment opportunities
- Lead diligence process on prospects and manage the funnel
- Close 3-5 new deals in next 12 months
Qualifications of an ideal candidate:
- Bachelors and ideally Masters and/or PhD in Computer Science at a top-tier school
- Fluency in machine learning algorithms and approaches
- Deep interest in enterprise software startups and the tech industry broadly
- Should be outgoing and enjoy having conversations with entrepreneurs
- Should be skeptical by nature
- Should have exceptional work ethic and be able to work independently
- Some experience at a tech startup or larger company ideal
Please reach out to Krishna at firstname.lastname@example.org.