What we are looking for:
A Senior Project Manager with a strong background in advising and guiding enterprise customers to continually derive business value from cutting-edge software solutions. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and learns quickly, has great communication skills, is organized with a passion for unlocking client value through disruptive technology and organizational change, and seeks career-enhancing experience in a collaborative startup environment.
The Senior Project Manager serves as a day-to-day client interface and coordinates with internal and external cross-functional teams to support scoping, design, and deployment of Cogito’s systems. The Senior Project Manager is responsible for the ongoing success of the client relationship and collaboratively supports account development from initial discovery and solutioning phases of the sales cycle through contract renewals and expansion. This role will report directly to the VP of Client Services.
Cogito is a rapidly growing Boston-based technology company helping leading organizations better engage customers and improve employee performance through behavioral analytics. At Cogito, you will be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people that are proud of the difference our technology makes.
What you get to do everyday:
- Establish vision for customer success: Develop strong working relationships with customer project leads, IT, data owners, and process SMEs; assess client workflows, needs and pain points; collaborate with Sales, Marketing, and Product to build prospect confidence, tailored proposals, and define client-specific account plans
- Lead deployment with client and internal teams: Gather solution requirements; conduct demos of Cogito systems and capabilities; support test and operation of deployed systems; facilitate end-user training; lead upgrades and design of new integration points
- Manage client and project communications: Develop client-ready project schedules, deployment plans, and status reports; oversee development of all client support materials (requirements specifications, test scripts, training guides, and adoption reports); facilitate regular project check-in meetings and steering reviews; evaluate impact and present success stories to end users and executives; scope / estimate new SOWs
- Ensure client satisfaction and end user adoption: Track utilization; assess client-specific improvement opportunities; oversee triage of escalated support tickets; gather product feedback, drive enhancement design, and support prioritization of Cogito roadmap.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a technical or quantitative field (MBA preferred)
- 7+ years experience, including client project management (ideally in software, management consulting, insurance, or healthcare)
- Talent for implementing disruptive technologies and leading organizational change
- Acrobatic capacity to balance strategic and tactical aspects of a customer journey
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
- Ability to negotiate and resolve critical or escalated issues affecting the customer, staff, or senior management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Attention to detail and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to set priorities across multiple projects and customers, manage one’s time, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility to travel up to 20-30% (occasionally overnight)
- Proficiency managing software projects across all stages of the SDLC
- Exposure to networked systems, databases, and integration with 3rd-party APIs
- Proficiency working with reporting and business intelligence tools (e.g. Excel, SQL)
- Fluency with MS Office
- Bonus: Exposure to cloud or mobile based applications and deployment models
- Bonus: Experience with telephony or other real-time communications or signaling systems
- Bonus: Exposure to command line interfaces and file-based configuration or scripting.
- Create, sell and deliver solutions that have major societal impact
- Work in a dynamic, creative, and team-oriented environment in the heart of downtown Boston
- Gain valuable experience at a high-growth company that values talent and is devoted to excellence
- Participate in the company’s success through stock options
- Health and dental insurance, 401(k) and other employee benefits.
Please email cover letter and resume or CV: email@example.com
Subject: CLIENT SERVICES PROJECT MANAGER
Cogito is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.