What we are looking for:
A Customer Success Consultant with a strong background in working with clients and large data sets to fill a high impact position. The ideal candidate is highly motivated and learns quickly, has sharp analytical skills, is intellectually curious with a passion for unlocking client value, and seeks to gain exciting and career-enhancing experience in a collaborative startup environment.
The Customer Success Consultant serves as a day-to-day client interface and coordinates with internal and external cross-functional teams to support the design and deployment of Cogito’s systems. The Consultant is also responsible for applying basic quantitative tools, statistical analysis techniques, and data management procedures to derive business insights for our clients.
Cogito is a rapidly growing Boston-based technology company helping leading organizations better engage customers and improve employee performance through behavioral analytics. At Cogito, you will be surrounded by smart, innovative, caring people that are proud of the difference our technology makes.
What you get to do everyday:
- Coordinate deployment with client and internal teams: Develop strong working relationships with customer IT, data owners, and process SMEs; assess client workflows; gather requirements; support configuration, test and operation of deployed systems; conduct end-user training; manage project timelines
- Manage client datasets: Assist in design and documentation of client-specific data feeds and reports; set up databases with datasets received from clients and other 3rd parties; extract and transform data from operational data stores using SQL and other ETL or scripting tools
- Design, conduct, and present data analysis: Run data consistency checks; analyze / mine data; gather product feedback; evaluate trends and interpret results; develop presentations and reports to communicate findings
- Support project and product documentation: Develop client-ready status and findings reports; update test scripts, training guides, and other client support materials; create and present custom demo content.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative or technical field
- 2+ years analytic or statistical experience (ideally in software, management consulting, healthcare, or insurance)
- Passion for disruptive technology and organizational improvement
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and previous experience in a client-facing role
- Ability to set priorities across multiple projects and customers, manage one’s time, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and willingness to learn new tools
- Attention to detail and comfort with ambiguity
- Flexibility to travel up to 15-20% (occasionally overnight)
- Fluency with MS Office
- Proficiency working with reporting and business intelligence tools (e.g. SQL, Excel)
- Exposure to commonly-used statistical programming platform (e.g. R, SAS, SPSS, Stata)
- Bonus: Exposure to SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle)
- Bonus: Experience with programming languages (Python, Java) and data serialization languages (YAML, JSON)
- Bonus: Exposure to command line interfaces and file-based configuration or scripting
- Bonus: Experience in survey, research, or experimental design.
- Create, sell and deliver solutions that have major societal impact
- Work in a dynamic, creative, and team-oriented environment in the heart of downtown Boston
- Gain valuable experience at a high-growth company that values talent and is devoted to excellence
- Participate in the company’s success through stock options
- Health and dental insurance, 401(k) and other employee benefits.
Please email cover letter and resume or CV: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: CUSTOMER SUCCESS CONSULTANT
Cogito is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, domestic partnership or civil union status, familial status, military and veteran status or other characteristics protected by applicable law.