Romulus Capital is seeking a full-time Associate as it closes its latest fund focused on partnering with early-stage technology businesses in the US. Founded at MIT in 2008, Romulus has raised ~$150M from a global set of investors (including the Chairman of MIT and 3 royal families) and built a diverse, high-performing portfolio across several verticals. The Managing Partners were named to the Forbes 30 under 30 list in 2015. We expect the individual to be based in Boston ideally (although New York is potentially feasible) and lead all sourcing and diligence activities.
There are some key traits we seek in an ideal candidate:
- Be hungry and entrepreneurial, just like us and the companies we partner with – the job will require significant amount of proactive outreach. Preferably have 1-3 years of entrepreneurial, product, TMT banking, and/or VC experience.
- Have ability to grasp and filter new ideas quickly – we invest in companies across industries and need to be able to evaluate their merits efficiently.
- Be a very strong networker, a people’s person very comfortable building genuine relationships quickly – with entrepreneurs and others in our network.
- Have an engineering, problem-solving background, ideally computer science. At the very least, must have an understanding of technology and science.
- Have a strong sense of ethics and a desire to build large and impactful entities. We seek someone who can grow with us over time.
It doesn’t matter where you are right now (grad student, a few months into a job, or rolling off your latest startup) – we’re looking for the best candidate.
The experience you will gain with us as we grow is unmatched and compensation is highly competitive, inclusive of salary, benefits, and carry. Please reach out with a note:
Krishna K. Gupta
Founder & Managing Partner