Romulus Capital, a premier emerging venture capital firm, seeks a London-based Venture Partner to help lead European activities for the firm. The firm has now made 3 investments in the UK (including a board seat) and has 5 US-based portfolio companies looking to expand their presence in the country.
Romulus, founded out of MIT in 2008, invests in technology- and science-enabled companies, with an emphasis on B2B technology companies. The firm has raised over $200M from a global set of investors and has built a diverse, high-performing portfolio across several verticals.
Responsibilities of the Venture Partner:
- Develop and nurture networks within the London-Cambridge tech corridor in order to source prospective investment opportunities
- Lead diligence process on prospects and help manage funnel
- Assist in UK business development activities for existing Romulus portfolio companies
- Help engage with existing UK-based Romulus portfolio companies
- Connect with existing and potential investors in Romulus
Qualifications and qualities of an ideal candidate:
- Must be a strong networker who is comfortable evaluating talent and building relationships quickly
- 5-7 years of entrepreneurial, product, BD/sales, consulting/banking, and/or VC experience
- Must have the ability to grasp and filter new ideas quickly, and must have demonstrated great interest in the latest technology trends
- Should be skeptical by nature
- Should be highly entrepreneurial, have exceptional work ethic, and be able to work independently.
- Should be able to spend ~10 hours/week